Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A night for rejoicing

So I just had a friend tell me that the way I loved, accepted, listened to, and didn't judge her made a huge difference in the way she now views God.  There was a time, not so long ago, when she struggled to hear God's voice in her life because of the rejection, judgment, and hypocrisy of the church and the Christians in her life.  And I got to be a part of the softening process.  I got to be a part of the process of seeing her drop some of her barriers and truly surrender to God.

What an amazing thing.  I can't even tell you how awesome it is to invest in someone, to love someone, to walk beside someone, and then to actually have that make a difference.  It's the best thing in the world.

So much of ministry and outreach seems thankless.  There are so many times when all you get back is hostility, or even worse, apathy.  There are so many times when it seems like nothing that you say or do makes a difference at all.

But sometimes for someone everything changes, and you can actually see what you've been investing in.

Fantastic.  Much rejoicing in the house this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment