Tuesday, June 7, 2011

another conversation about goodness

Here's an interesting blog post from a guy in New Zealand who was part of a Christian/Atheist debate/discussion.  I thought it was interesting in light of my recent post about the problem of goodness.  It's a little more abstract and theoretical than my own discussion, but there's some interesting stuff there.

I will reiterate again that I'm not so sure about how truly useful conversations like this are at an everyday level.  Either my life reflects goodness or it doesn't.  We can talk about it all we want, but what we say and what we talk about is never as important as how we're living in real life.

But I have to admit that he's right - the Christian story talks about a God who is good.  And And I wholeheartedly agree that the story (which he calls a script) demands that Christians do what we can to conform to that goodness (although we often fail).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link and the thoughts. In my introduction, I did make an unscripted comment which makes exactly your point - the need to integrate belief and behaviour.

    steve
    www.emergentkiwi.org.nz

    ReplyDelete