Saturday, January 21, 2012

Encounters with Jesus VII - Cleopas

 Well, after several months we finally were able to get together to do the last Encounters with Jesus story on Sunday night.  It was a great time of fellowship and catching up, and as far as the story is concerned, I felt like it caps off the series really wonderfully.  It is really meant to be an invitation to the life and kingdom work of Jesus, and I think that it does that.

It's been so amazing to see how people have grown and been changed by their encounters with Jesus through this series.  We are not in the same place as we were when we started.  My deepest prayer for this community now is that we will all be able to find out how God wants to use us in his work of reconciliation in the world.

As a community update, we're still trying to determine where to go from here.  What I'd love to do is start with the beginning of the Bible, maybe going back to Michael Novelli's Echo the Story curriculum.  I really want this community to know where Jesus fits into the overall story of God's interaction with humanity throughout history.  So we're still talking about it and will figure it out.

As an Encounters with Jesus update, I've got a couple of things in the works.  I've updated my website so that Encounters has its own page.  I've also been working on developing an app so that people can use these resources in conversations with friends about Jesus.  I'm not exactly sure what that would look like or how that would work, I only know that the days of little paper booklets (which is the other way I'm publishing the stories) are pretty much over.  It's basically a test case to see whether it's something people could use if they wanted to have some kind of guided discussions about who Jesus is and what that means to our lives today.  So stay tuned for announcements.  I'm working right now on getting the app approved for both Apple and Android devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment